Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Let's Talk Stress

I'm working my new job, and I'm loving it. But the things I have to juggle are causing me a bit of tension.

We're moving into an office/light industrial park from a home-based business and this means we have to get everything: desks, chairs, dividers, phones, networking, backup power, toilet brush, alarm systems, insurance, pencils, garbage cans, barcode scanner, portable AC units, and -- of course -- a coffee machine. Can't live without that.

To top it off, we'll need to build an enclosure for the network gear and even run some plumbing if we want anything resembling a kitchen sink. But before we do all that, we have to have a lawyer read the lease, the building has to be cleaned, and we have to turn over the security deposit and first month's rent. Did I mention I had to find the building in the first place?

Yeegads. This is a lot of things to keep running at the same time, to try to schedule convergence of them all at move-in time. And on top of this, I need to be as frugal as I possibly can. This is a startup, after all.

This is a pretty big project for me, which I have to complete while simultaneously doing marketing & advertising.

I have to say, I'm feeling the burn.

No comments: